Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No News...

I feel like we haven't really done much the past couple of weeks.  Nothing exciting enough to post about, anyway.  It's probably the 18 inches of snow we've had that's slowing us down a bit.  Maya loves the snow and everytime we get more she has to go outside.  When I got home from work the other night, Clint and Maya were getting dressed to go outside and play.  Since I couldn't go out with them (because I didn't want Maks to be outside), I went to Maks' room and took pictures from the window.


Maya sits in the sled and Clint runs up and down the street pulling her. 


I set Maks in the crib while I was taking pictures.  I started playing peek-a-boo with him through the slats and he was cracking up.  This is what I saw:  the biggest, most beautiful blue eyes.  I really hope he keeps them!  Maya was 12 months old when her blue eyes changed.


My little buddy has been struggling with the two teeth that he is getting.  He has been drooling so much that he gets a rash on his chin.  If you look closely, you can see one of his teeth in this picture. 


One of my good friends, Julie, came by tonight and brought her little man.  Julie and I have been friends since the first grade.  She only lives about 30 minutes away, but we don't get to see each other very often.  When we do, though, we can start right back where we left off. 
This is cute little Caiden and he is almost 8 weeks old.  He is the most easy going baby I have ever seen and he sleeps through the night!  Have I ever mentioned that I'm jealous of people who have babies who sleep through the night right away?  Well, I am.  I'm jealous, but I'm happy for her because it would be great to be able to be well rested when your baby is so young and it would be great to be able to remember those times.  Those early times are somewhat of a blur because of the sleep deprivation.  Sorry, Maks, that your mommy doesn't remember months 2-5 of your life!  That's why we have a blog. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the pic of him peeking through the crib slats! So cute! I'm jealous of Julie too. My baby still doesn't sleep through the night! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have a caption contest for that last picture of Maks and Caiden.
    Maks: Holy cow! Did you fart?!
    Caiden: Uhh... Mom? You brought wipes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had such a great time that night, Brooke!!! Hopefully, we can get together again soon!!

    ReplyDelete