Friday, February 18, 2011

A Whole Bunch of Life

I have managed to take quite a few pictures of the everyday life here lately, but haven't managed to get them on the computer.  The following are a collection of the highlights of the past 3-4 weeks in the Thebeau household.
First, Maya's other obsession (other than swimming suits) is my high heels.  This is every day!   Every day I hear the clank, clank, clank on the bathroom floor and I know that someone has pulled all of the shoes off of the shelves in my closet just to find the perfect pair.



A couple of weeks ago Mama Marty and Scott came to visit.  Kaia (our neice) spent most of the day with us and playing with Maya.  Maya wore her out!! 


Kala loves our kids.  We couldn't have asked for a better dog than she has been with our babies.  I was really worried when I was pregnant with Maya that Kala wouldn't be a part of this family for long.  You see, Kala used to be an "inside" dog.  She used to actually sleep in our room and lay in bed with us (I can't believe I ever let her do that).  Then, when I got pregnant with Maya and we were getting her room ready, Kala decided that it would be a good place to use the bathroom.  She continued this until we got the bright idea of keeping Maya's door closed...then she would use the bathroom right outside of the door.  Someone was a little jealous, but I have to say that I'm impressed that she knew what was about to happen.  So, it was me or the dog and we compromised...and built a fence.  Kala is now happily outside and rarely will even come into the house.  When she does, she is still the most gentle dog with the kids.  Maks, however, it not fond of her kisses!



Michael and Alyson (Clint's brother and his wife) came to visit a couple of weeks ago.  It was Michael's birthday, so we actually got a babysitter and went to dinner.  We NEVER do that, as all of our family lives out of town and I am crazy and don't like to trust anyone else.  It was nice to spend some time with them and to have an adult only dinner. 


Michael and Alyson brought their daughter, Mesa (a chow chow), to spend the weekend as well.  Kala was in heaven.  Mesa, however, was not so thrilled about our psycho dog constantly wanting to play.  The blur that you see if due to the dogs licking the windows.  I clean it and clean it and clean it and then they lick it and lick it and lick it until I give up.


We signed up to bring cupcakes to Maya's Valentine's Day party.  I love the way that she gets so excited to make something as simple as cupcakes!  I would do it every day with her if it wouldn't make my hips even larger than they are.   Clint took these pictures and as I was looking at them, I was cracking up at the faces she was making. 
 Mad face:


Cute, innocent face:


And, bored face:


And, the finished product.  Maya decided to put Sweetart candy hearts on some of the cupcakes, which was cute, but tasted horrible.  Don't try that at home! 


Maya, Brooke and Deacon before the Valentine's party.


Maya and I passing out the cupcakes to all of her friends. 


This picture cracks me up...she's eating string cheese and a chocolate covered marshmallow at the same time.  Yummmm!!


Here is the favorite outfit of the month.  This what she wears every morning before school and as soon as she gets home. 


Love this face!!!  This 3-year old has attitude!!  Especially when you tell her to stop playing the music on your iphone so loud. 


And I love this one...the first picture of the baby teeth.  He has two more coming in on top.  Hence the reason that I couldn't finish my previous post and was getting up nearly every ten minutes to go get a crying baby.  I hate teething, but they do look cute!!


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Brooke! Your babies are so cute. I love the new swimsuit phase Maya is going through. She's just hoping for summer...can't blame her! Andy is getting his two bottom teeth in right now, so we are going through the fun teething stages too (ugh!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babies are beautiful! And our oldest daughter wore her swimsuit everyday when she was three, too. I have a picture of her wearing her swimsuit, a fleece hat, mittens, and tap shoes.

    ReplyDelete