Sunday, February 27, 2011

Is It March Yet???

So, February hasn't been so good to my family.  Everyone has been sick, some more than once, except for me.  As I'm typing this I'm thinking that I shouldn't be typing this because I'm going to jinx myself.  Maks has had RSV.  It was caught in it's early stages, so it could have been a lot worse, however, we did have to do breathing treatments at home. Breathing treatments on an eight month old = lots of screaming.  I finally figured out that if I could get him to watch a cartoon on tv, we could make it about halfway through the treatment without him screaming.  After he got over that, Clint got a virus that lasted about 10 days, then Maya and Maks both got the same thing.  Maks has it now and doesn't want to eat or take a bottle.  Syringing liquid down his throat is not on my list of top ten things to do...or his, I'm sure.

This is one of the nights that I laid with Maya when she was sick.  Apparently I was a little tired myself because Clint came in about an hour and a half after I had taken her to bed and took this picture:


This was last Sunday before church.  It was the first day in a long time that we had all been outside of the house (because of the illnesses).  That night, Maya got sick.




I swear that Maks purposely looks away from me when I start taking pictures.  He will be laughing, smiling and "talking" to me, then I get out the camera and....nothing.  He starts watching tv, or looking over my shoulder.  Oh, well, he's still cute!


And, once again, the many faces of Maya.  This one is Silly Face.


Happy Face


Scary Face


Mean Face


and, Ugly Face


And, one more of my sweet, sweet boy.  I hope March brings health and warmer weather.  Maybe then we will have more exciting pictures.


On of our good friends, Luke Hamann, is on a mission trip in Sierra Leone, West Africa right now.  The Raining Season is an organization that runs The Covering, a home for approximately 80 orphaned children. They are provided with food, clothing, shelter, education and of course love. 
Maya was saying her prayers tonight and wanted to pray for the orphans in Africa that Luke is with.  She said, "Mommy, if everyone would take 2 orphans, we could bring them all home."  You are so, so right Maya!   

No comments:

Post a Comment