Saturday, July 23, 2011

Maya Turns 4!!!

My baby girl turned four on the 18th and we celebrated with a party at our house.  It's so cliche to say that "time flies", but seriously....how is it possible that I have a 4-year-old??  I can remember every detail about the day before she was born; preparing for her arrival (I was induced, so I could get prepared).  I remember laying in bed with Clint a few days before she was born, talking about how we were so excited and so scared at the same time (I also remember telling him that we weren't going to be able to just lay in bed in the middle of the day anymore :)).  I remeber every moment of that day...getting ready, driving to the hospital, family arriving, being scared, excited and anxious all at the same time.  I remember the second that I saw her face and I got to look into those eyes...I hope I always remember that...pretty much the most defining moment of a mommy's life.  She was so beautiful and perfect and she was ours. 

Today, she is smart, funny, beautiful, outgoing, inquisitive, caring, witty, a daddy's girl and FOUR.  Things are sure changing around here...we now have to watch what we talk about in front of her because she is smarter than we like to give her credit for.  She has taken on interests...dancing, gymnasics, music, swimming and baby dolls.  She has VERY strong opinions and doesn't back down easily.  She is starting to pick out clothes, the way her hair is fixed, and what she eats (within reason, of course).  She's still my baby, though, and I think I'll call her that until she tells me I can't. 

Maya wanted to have her friends come over for a "butterfly party" and play on her waterslide and new swingset...so that's what we did.

The cake.


The present.


The birthday girl.
Yes, she's wearing "the dress" over her swimsuit.  I wasn't going to fight it. 











Not sure what was going on here, but this is her "boyfriend" :)










Happy Birthday, Miss Maya!  We love you so very much!

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you did not make that cake... because I will hate you (only a tiny bit and temporarily) if you are that talented. My jealousy just flared up!

    ReplyDelete