Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer + Kids = No Blogging

Well, so much for keeping up with the blog!  I have come to the conclusion that it's just not going to be a regular thing in the summer.  I would much rather be spending the longer days with the family taking lots of pictures that don't get loaded on the computer for weeks :).

The end of June brought tragedy to the family with the passing of Clint's mom's finance.  Scott lost his long battle with leukemia on June 30th.  We, along with Clint's brother and sister and spouses, got to Farmington as quickly as we could.  Needless to say, it was a long, hard few days, but it was nice, and somewhat comforting to Clint's mom, for us to all be there together.  

Maks loved crawling around on MaMa Marty's big yard!


I have a picture of Maya at the same age standing by a concrete bench on my wall.  I wish I would have thought to put something else on Maks (other than his oversized basketball shorts), so that I could put this up next to it.   


Clint's birthday happened to be two days after the passing of Scott, so it didn't really feel like a time to celebrate.  We did, however, go with all the family to one of the local wineries for lunch.  If you've never been to the wineries in southeast Missouri, you should check them out....beautiful! 

Michael, Marty, Krista and Clint




I took this picture from behind Clint's mom's house.  It's so beautiful and relaxing there!  Definitely different than being in the "burbs"!!  Can you see the deer walking right in front of the lake? 


We were home on the 4th, so we celebrated at home.  Our street gets closed (literally) and we have a block party.  People bring their grills to the front of the house and people share food.  The highlight of the night (other than the fireworks) is that the fire department brings one of their trucks, hooks the hose up to the ladder and turns it on the all of the kids to play in.   


Just so you know...I DO NOT like fireworks and I do not approve of this!



How cool is this?  Every picture that we took had a rainbow in it. 
It's like Where's Waldo...Where's Maya?




Again, not approving.


Now, this I approve of!!  My little guys LOVES spaghetti (or pasta of any kind)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment