Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jamaica - Part 1

Disclaimer:  There are A LOT of pictures in this post, especially of the the ocean with no one in it, so sorry, but I like those pictures.

So, like I said Clint and I spent last week in Negril, Jamaica at the Couples resort.  It was pretty much the most relaxing place you can imagine!  The beach, water, scenery, food and amenities were amazing!!  The only bad things were the flights....they weren't really bad, I just don't like to fly.

This is what we looked at every day as we sat in our beach chairs...stunning!  There were hardly ever any waves and you could walk out forever and the water is only waist deep, so it was like a giant swimming pool. 


This is where I/we spent a lot of time!  We had a porch off of our room with a hammock and a big couch.  I took a couple of naps here, actually had time to read a book and listened to the live music at night from here.


These guys would walk up and down the beach every day and play music for people.  Our beach would let people like this and people that were selling things walk up and down the beach, but if you were not interested in what they had, the security from the resort was quick to ask them to keep moving.  They actually weren't that persistant and would keep walking if you said "no" one time.  Personally, I enjoyed them because they were all quite entertaining!


If I wasn't laying in the hammock, I was laying on the beach.


Another view from our beach chairs...looks like a postcard!



The neighboring resort, Beaches, had a boat that had wrecked off the coast and was left there.  People were frequently snorkeling or scuba diving near it.  We walked over there to swim out and see it, but didn't get too close because our security guard told us not to because there were things that live in the boat that might scare us.  I don't like weird things in the ocean, so I was fine to stay away!
Oh, and that's Clint picking up shells for Maya.


Negril is known for its sunsets, and now I know why.  Absolutely beautiful!  I think we have 50 pictures of the sunset alone. 




I love the water in this picture...it looks just like a pool!! 
Oh, and that's me in the background skiing.  Really, it is!



The first couple of days of the trip included some serious R & R and the next few days of the trip were more action-packed.  The highlight of the trip for me is seen below.  This is something that I have wanted to do since I was a child and finally had the chance to do.  It was even better than I expected it to be!

Yep, I got to swim with these guys...Bruno and Miguel to be exact.


I won't bore you with all of the details, but if you haven't done this...you should!! 







This was the best part...being lifted out of the water by two dolphins!!  So fun!!



1 comment:

  1. it looks so relaxing! what a great picture of that dolphin lifting you out of the water! I love it!

    ReplyDelete