Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Little Retreat

We snuck away this past weekend to spend some time with the family at "The Lake" (Lake of the Ozarks).  My dad, Gail, Clint's dad, Michael and Alyson all met us there for a weekend of swimming, golfing, shopping and, of course, eating. 

The pool was a little cold, so Maks was not a big fan.  He spent his time eating snacks and crawling around the pool deck. 


My girl was doing some "big jumps" off of the rocks.  It was so fun to see her jumping in and swimming by herself.  She has become quite the little fish!


This girl had a GOOD weekend!!!


This was Maks' only dip in the pool...and it lasted a whole 2 minutes! 


Maya is about to have a birthday....the big 4!  Grandpa Chris and Gail brought presents for her to open since they won't see her again before her birthday.  She got pink golf clubs...and you can tell by the face that she was lovin' it!


It was pretty convenient that we were staying on a golf course and could walk out and pratice with the new clubs.  This was pre-lessons...notice the poor stance.


Uncle Michael, otherwise known as "party wagon".


And here she is during the golf lesson.  Clint is in heaven...two of his favorites...My-My and golf.


And post-lesson...look at that stance!


I'm not sure what you call this, but we didn't teach her this move. ha!


This is what happens when I leave Maya outside by herself for 5 minutes...the clothes come off and she's jumping in the pool naked.  This is the "I just got caught" face.


My babies....love.


I love this binky!  And so does Maks!


My future model.  She's purposely not looking at the camera, but she's posing.  Love it!


Maks got this car for his birthday and he loves it!  He will let Maya push him up and down the sidewalk in front of the house forever!


Maks is having a new tube put in his ear in the morning (he got tubes at 4 months old and one of them is not working properly), so I will update on that.  We have to be at the surgery center at 6:30 in the morning.  This is our second attempt at this.  Last week, we got up at the crack of dawn and drug both kids out of bed to get this surgery performed only to find out an hour after we arrived that they couldn't do the surgery because Maks had a fever.  He has a fever almost every day because he is getting three teeth, so I'm praying that this doesn't happen again tomorrow.  My baby is hurting and needs this new tube in his ear! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the dog's expression in Maya's skinny dipping picture. He looks as "caught" as she does! Maybe he double dog dared her to do it. That's how my kids would justify it, and we don't even have a dog.

    ReplyDelete